Listen up mums, whether you’re a seasoned festival goer or about to hit your first family friendly festival at The Big Feastival, 25-27 August in The Cotswolds or Wilderness 3-6 August in Oxfordshire, we have some easy to follow style formulas – so you only have to fret about where the kids are, rather than worrying about how many tassels are appropriate or where you put the snack pack! It’s all about comfort and practicality whilst not sitting on the style side-lines (we’re certainly not going on a YHA hike…)
So get your wardrobe and shopping budget at the ready…
Here are the top festival style tips:
- Layer upon layer – you’ll need to strip on and off, frequently. Ensure pieces can knot or tie up around your waist well. You can’t go wrong with lightweight boho, embroidered jackets and opaque tights remain a staple on chilly days to wear under shorts.
- Stay hands-free – stack belt bags, bum bags and utility belts. Compartmentalise lip glosses, snacks and wet wipes.
- Customise – don’t be a ‘ditto’ kind of girl. Add tassels, feathers, embroidery and fringing extras.
- Mix it up – wear lace and khaki, leather and broderie anglais, denim and suede.
- Stand out with splashes of colour – clashing is totally de rigueur these days, red, pink and yellow mash up. Yellow macs with a hood are a must, it’s the first colour your eye sees, so you’ll easily be found queueing for the toilet…(plus we definitely need to avoid the Mary Poppins umbrella look).
- Make statements with a comfortable slogan tee or star jumper – monogram your own star top with wearethestars.com.
- ‘Easy to clean’ bare legs – no one wants to scrape dried mud off long denim. Short shorts are essential, belt them up and keep the bum-cheeks from hanging out…don’t want to embarrass the kids.
- Wellies – or flatform brogues seem to the new footwear trend this year.
- Shake it up with a scarf – use it differently to create a customised look.
- Tassels, tassels all around – in the form of bangles, earrings, just stack them high!
- NB: Beware the crop top bralette trend – you want to make sure you can breathe out and enjoy those hotdogs.
If you have no time for research or don’t know where to start looking for your most flattering colours and styles contact me for expert style advice. From colour consultations to personal shopping, I’ll help you find your perfect look.