Capture the flavours of summer with this quick and healthy butterbean and tomato sandwich topping. This vibrant and nutritious mixture can be eaten as a salad too on a bed of leaves making it a delicious and healthy choice.
Serves 2 or 3
- 1 tin of butterbeans; well rinsed and drained
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 small red pepper, finely diced
- Handful cherry tomatoes or 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (or more to taste)
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 sprigs fresh (or 1 tsp dried) rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil to drizzle
- Chilli flakes for garnish (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Add the butterbeans to a bowl and break them up using a potato masher or the back of a fork.
Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and mix well to combine.
Serve drizzled with olive oil and chilli flakes (if using).
- Add a sprinkle of paprika for a more smokey flavour
- Add in a finely chopped red chilli for a fiery kick
- You can add in a very small clove of crushed fresh garlic, but be careful as it’s raw, the flavour will be intense
If you enjoyed this recipe, find more on MaySimpkin.com