September is a time for new starts. Whether it’s the kids going back to school or the arrival of a new season, it marks a time in the calendar that we associate with change.
Here’s how to update your workwear wardrobe for autumn season style.
Power dressing goes hand in hand with the autumn/winter trend for 80s nostalgia. Suits and stripes paired with statement accessories exude authority.
- Matches Fashion Blazer, £335
- Jaeger Stripe Top, £89
- Karen Millen Jumpsuit, £225
- TK Maxx Ochre Top, £14.99
- Mango Striped Trousers, £35.99
- Reiss Court Shoes, £175
- Anya Hindmarch Bag, £1195
- Arket Tailored Blazer, £150
Mix sharp tailoring with slouchy silhouettes in luxurious fabrics for the ultimate chic workwear look.
- Debenhams Radley Tote Bag, £195
- Ba&sh Bordeaux Sweater, £250
- TK Maxx Tassel Loafers, £14.99
- Arket Wool Jumper, £99
- Anthropologie Earrings, £44
- Arket Wool Trousers, £89
- Topshop Slouch Trousers, £29
Another big hit on the catwalk, ruffles are the feminine touch you need for your autumn winter wardrobe. For work, think ruffles on sleeves, blouses or skirts.
- Whistles Navy Jumpsuit, £179
- Anthropologie Ruffled Midi Dress, £118
- Jaeger Pleat Hem Top, £99
- Aspinal Of London Topaz Bag, £450
- Swarovski Earrings, £89
- Oliver Bonas Satin Wrap Skirt, £59.50
- Lavish Alice Suede Stiletto, £36
Spots & Snakes
A trend that’s taken off in street style, leopard spots and snakeskin are the prints to be seen in this season. Mix one statement piece with neutrals.
- Anthropologie Leopard Shirt, £90
- Essie Shimmer Purple Nail Polish, £9.99
- Mango Ankle Boots, £99.99
- Matches Fashion Fendi Bag, £1190
- Own The Look Blazer, £89.99
- TK Maxx Skirt, £16.99
- Anthroplogie Dress, £158
For more fashion news and style, visit InspiredInTheCity.com