Get ready to enjoy the August Bank Holiday weekend with some delicious recipes using the best locally sourced produce, delivered to your door by Closy Market.
Try these interesting recipes created by chefs using Closy Market’s fresh produce. Four very tasty yet simple dishes; a creamy burrata, tuna ceviche starter, healthy sea bream with seasonal vegetables and a show stopping tomahawk steak!
Closy Market is an online grocery delivery service providing local customers and chefs with the finest produce from the best food markets, butchers, bakeries, fishmongers and artisan makers. Whether the sun shines or the rain pours this Bank Holiday, make it one to remember with these brilliant recipes…
Burrata With Fruits & Hazelnuts
Once you try burrata, you certainly won’t forget it! Mild, smooth and fresh, its soft shell wrapped around a creamy centre delivers a clash of sensations and a buttery consistency unlike any other. When cut open, the creamy interior is revealed as it slowly seeps from the centre like rich cream. Chef Daniel Britten serves his with vibrant fruits and golden hazelnuts.
- Burrata (£2.50, shop here >)
- White peach
- Pickled green tomatoes
- Toasted hazelnuts
- Organic Sourdough Bread (£5.00, shop here >)
- Present on a plate the burrata with white peach, pickled green tomatoes and blackberries, croutons and toasted hazelnuts
- Serve with sliced Organic Sourdough Bread
Tuna Ceviche With Avocado
Want to try something different like lobster, jumbo prawns, squid or octopus? Closy Market have it! This recipe by Pavlova & Cream uses fresh tuna.
Preparation time: 10 minutes. Marinating time: 20 minutes. Serves: 4 starter portions or 1 large bowl.
- 250g Fresh Tuna Sushi Grade (£12.22 for 500g, shop here >)
- 1 Diced avocado (£1.50 for 2, shop here >)
- 1 Chopped jalapeno (£0.82, shop here >)
- Juice of 1 large lime (I love citrus so I added 2 limes) (£1.00 for 3, shop here >)
- 75g Chopped red onion (£0.75 for 500g, shop here >)
- 100g Chopped fresh coriander (£1.00, shop here >)
- 2 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon pepper
- Dice and chop all the ingredients and add to a mixing bowl
- Add lime juice and salt & pepper
- Mix well
- Marinate in the fridge for 20 minutes
- Serve with tortilla chips or gem lettuce for a healthier option
Baked Sea Bream
A deliciously healthy dish, food blogger Anitha Eats serves flavoursome British vegetables with baked fresh sea bream. Closy Market’s meat and fish suppliers provide their customers with the same produce they supply Michelin Starred restaurants. Shop their selection online, you’ll be surprised how the prices compete with the supermarkets.
Recipe by: Anitha Eats | Instagram: @anithaeats
- Whole sea bream (from £4.09, shop here >)
- 1 Teaspoon turmeric
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon curry powder spicy
- 1 Teaspoon ground pepper
- Half fresh lemon (£1.00 for 3, shop here >)
- Extra virgin olive oil (£5.25 for 500ml, shop here >)
- Corn on the Cob (£1.50 for 2, shop here >)
- Asparagus (£2.50 per bunch, shop here >)
- Add the spices to the fish and make sure they are well spread
- Squeeze the lemon on the fish
- Add olive oil on top of it
- Bake for 40-50 mins at 200 C
- Serve with vegetables, cooked in water for about 20 minutes with a bit of salt
BBQ Tomahawk Steak With Chimichurri
Feast your eyes of this beauty! Chef Tim Dela Cruz shares his recipe for a show stopping Tomahawk steak, starring Closy Market’s 28 day aged grass-fed beef from Somerset.
Recipe by: Tim Dela Cruz | Instagram: @timdelacruz
For the Steak
For the Chimichurri
- ½ Bunch parsley chopped
- ¼ Bunch coriander chopped (£1.00, shop here >)
- ¼ Bunch fresh oregano chopped
- 1 Red onion finely chopped (£0.75 for 500g, shop here >)
- 3 Garlic cloves finely chopped (£0.50 per bulb, shop here >)
- 2 Chopped jalapenos (£0.82, shop here >)
- 75ml red wine vinegar
- 100 ml Extra virgin olive oil (£5.25 for 500ml, shop here >)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together the chimichurri ingredients. Season with a little salt and pepper then leave to infuse for approximately 2 hours
- Prepare your Tomahawk steak with good quality olive oil and sea salt. Bring steak to room temperature before cooking it. That’s all you need when cooking a steak
- Start cooking when the BBQ is really hot. You have to keep on turning the meat when cooking a big piece to ensure you have a nice crust
- Rest the steak for about 15 minutes before serving
Closy Market is an online delivery service providing the very best of fresh produce which is locally sourced in conjunction with some of London’s best known markets including Borough Market, Smithfield’s Market as well as providers who have previously been providing top quality food to many of the capital’s best restaurants.
“We can always taste the difference with fresh food from Closy Market.”
– Lady Wimbledon
“Really pleased with my first order so very much looking forward to the next one.”
– Customer Testimonial
“Can’t recommend this enough! Have purchased the mezze selection, sourdough bread (huge!), tuna loin and pork belly from here, the tuna was the best I have had and the pork belly delicious… and to top it off I have been converted to liking olives after tasting their garlic filled ones – will definitely be ordering again soon!”
– Customer Testimonial
TO PLACE AN ORDER
- Visit closymarket.com and choose produce from a variety of providers from across London; grocers fruit and veg, butchers meat, fishmongers fish, bakers bread, artisans pasta and more
- Place your order and choose your 2 hour delivery slot.
- Your shopping will be delivered in one single environmentally delivery.
Free delivery & £7.50 off your first order with code: CLOSYWELCOME
Minimum spend £25.00. Shop now: www.closymarket.com
Contributor: Closy Market
Written By: Eyes of Lady Wimbledon | Editor
(Disclaimer: This blog is a paid promotion. All views and opinions are our own.)