The long summer days have arrived and the British Social Season is in full swing. It’s a time for fun and frivolity but what to do when you’re dressing for a corporate hospitality event on a budget? It can be a complex situation, particularly for the time-poor corporate clan.
You want to stand out, but don’t want to break the bank. You want to look polished and perfectly poised, but also bring out your playful side.
The answer is in a statement dress, using a clever colour choice and superb fit. Flattering colour pops and well-fitted, appropriate styles are your must-have requirements.
Social season dress code top tips:
- Choose bold colours that suit your skin tone
- Cinch in your waist
- V neck, open collar, or shirt style neck lines
- No salacious cleavage
- Avoid bardot, strapless and cold shoulders.
- Select a piece that plays on one trend of the season
- Keep shoulders covered or semi covered
- Hem length to knee or mid calf for a modern touch.
- Nude or metallic wedges or T bar, pointy flats.
- Long handled bright bag, avoid clutches
- Thin mid length coatigan if chilly – no pashminas or shawls…that’s so 90s
- Always keep your hands as free as possible for champagne, nibbles, handshakes and kisses
- No clumsy clutches or draped wraps getting in the way
- Check the ground, are stilettos suitable? Avoid sinking into the grass or falling between the decking
- Show some skin but keep it ‘corporate chic’ – don’t flaunt totally bare shoulders
- Consider hem length to remove any possibility of indecent trips
- Layer in one dose of lace, ruffle, layer, stripe or pleat – but absolutely no overkill
- At all times ensure well tailored elegance, with a hint of seasonal trend
Take a look at my top picks below:
If you have no time for research or don’t know where to start looking for your most flattering shapes and colours contact me for some expert style advice. From colour consultations to personal shopping, I’ll help you find your perfect outfit.