We asked londonfoodboy to share his favourite healthy meal with us as part of the Wimbledon Health Kick. Here is his delicious and nutritious:
Chicken bowl with mango and avocado salad
Time: 30 minutes
One medium sized pot
* 400ml rice
* 600g chicken fillet
* 4 tablespoons olive oil
* 1/2 lemon, juice
* 1 large ripe mango
* 1 large ripe avocado
* 1 small red onion
* 1 lime, juice
* 25g coriander
* olive oil
* salt and pepper
* Sesame seeds
* Soy- or teriyaki sauce to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200C (180C fan) and place the chicken fillets in a roasting tray, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
2. Boil the rice as described on the package.
3. Add 4 tablespoons of olive oil and the juice of 1/2 lemon in the rice and season to taste.
4. Cut the mango and avocado flesh into even bite size chunks. Thinly slice the red onion and roughly chop the coriander. In a bowl mix together mango, avocado, red onion, coriander and the lime juice together.
5. Split the rice and mango salad between four bowls. Slice the chicken fillets and add to to each bowl. Drizzle with sesame seeds and soy- or teriyaki sauce and enjoy.
Tips & tricks
Feel free to substitute the rice with couscous, bulgur, cauliflower rice or similar.
We hope you enjoy this fantastic recipe and wish you a healthy, thriving start to the year.
Written By: Patrick Smith | Food & Drink Editor