Silk Works London was founded by sisters Laura and Lydia. Laura and Lydia both have Persian heritage meaning thick, curly hair which equals frizz! Their grandmother would swear by sleeping on a silk pillowcase to keep her hair healthy and to provide anti-aging effects. This interested Lucy and Lydia and thus, they discovered that good quality silk really does improve hair and skin. Lydia and Lucy, therefore, use the highest grade (6a) long fibre, 100% mulberry silk with a thickness of 22 momme to ensure the perfect silky and soft combination of durability, quality, and shine.
So, what exactly are the benefits of this silk?
– Anti-ageing properties: silk fabric creates 43% less friction than cotton and therefore releases pressure from your skin allowing you to wake up with a more radiant, healthy glow.
– Frizz-defying: the smooth surface of the 22 momme silk pillowcases reduces friction between your hair and the pillow. This prevents unnecessary damage including split ends, dryness, and the morning frizz!
– Hydration: silk absorbs less moisture from our skin as we sleep compared to cotton.
– Healthier hair: Silk Work’s scrunchies reduce the usual kinks and creases regular hair ties create. This is due to them using less grip and pressure.
– Relief for skin irritation: Silk is the most hypoallergenic of all fabrics due to its natural protein structure, perfect for those with sensitive or allergy-prone skin. Silk can help reduce acne breakouts and will stay cleaner for longer.
– Temperature regulating: the 100% mulberry silk pillowcases have natural temperature regulating properties that maintain body temperature throughout the night.
Silk Works offer a wide range of products from their pillowcases, loungewear, scrunchies, eye and face masks to their kids range and sets.To find out more about the amazing brand that is Silk Works London, take a look at their website where you can also order your products.