Tired of serving the same old drinks? Find yourself yearning to impress with unique and unforgettable cocktails? You’re not alone. Many party hosts face the dilemma of wanting to break away from the mundane but are often unsure where to start. Our guide to 4 creative cocktail ideas are just what you’re looking for or hire a bartender to do the heavy work for you.
Reinventing the Classics: Fresh Takes on Old Favorites
Try out these classic cocktails with a twist for your next private party:
Zesty Mandarin Mojito
- 2 cups fresh mandarin juice
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup sugar cane juice
- 8 oz of mint leaves
- 1 ½ cups sparkling water
- ½ to 1 cup white rum
- Mandarin slices
- Mint leaves
- Sugar for rims
Note: Make in a pitcher and serve in individual glasses.
- Crush the mint leaves with sugar cane juice.
- Add the mandarin juice, lime juice, and rum. Mix well and taste.
- Add more sugar or rum if needed.
- Add ice cubes and mandarin slices to the pitcher
- Top with sparkling water and mix gently.
Mocktail variation: Leave out the rum and replace it with either sparkling water or lemonade.
Strawberries and Cream Piña Colada
- 2 cups of ice cubes
- 1 cup of hull and halved fresh strawberries
- 1 cup of chopped fresh pineapple
- ¼ cup of sweetened cream of coconut
- ¼ cup of fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup of white rum
- Whole strawberries
- Pineapple chunks
- Place the ice cubes, hulled and halved strawberries, chopped pineapple, cream of coconut, lime, and rum into a blender.
- Process until smooth (roughly 30 to 45 seconds)
- Pour into glasses and garnish with whole strawberries and pineapple chunks.
Note: Swap out the rum for vodka or tequilla for a slightly different taste.
Think Outside the Glass: Pushing the Boundaries with Innovative Mixes
Step out of your comfort zone with cocktails that feature unusual ingredients. Make sure to use high-quality liquors and only the freshest ingredients to make these cocktails truly pop.
Ginger Vodka Punch
- 3 parts Absolut Elyx
- 2 parts carrot juice
- 1 part fresh lemon juice
- 1 part honey
- 2 sprigs of coriander
- Ginger beer
- Ice (cubbed and crushed)
- Carrot slices
- Shake all ingredients with cubed ice in a cocktail shaker
- Add crushed ice to a glass
- Strain mixture over the glass.
- Top with ginger beer, more ice, and garnish with carrot slices
Note: make this cocktail really unique by serving in a copper mule cup.
- 1 ½ ounces of gin
- ¾ ounces of ginger liqueur
- ½ ounce of simple syrup
- 1 dropper of butterfly pea flower extract
- ¾ ounces of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Roll the rim your martini glasses in a a little syrup then sugar
- Add the ginger liqueur, simple syrup, pea flower extract and gin to a shaker with ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain your cocktail in a glass.
- Add lemon juice and watch it change colour.
- Garn with some edible flowers
Dress to Impress: Elevate Your Cocktails with the Perfect Presentation
Choosing the right class for each cocktail is paramount as it enhances the drinking experience. Use Martini glass for your mermaid martini, try collins or rock glasses for you Strawberries and cream piña colada, and put your mojito in tall, narrow tumblers.
Elevate your cocktails even more with visually appealing and aromatic garnishes. Use fresh herbs, edible flowers, bold colours, or cocktail umbrellas to give your cocktail a pop.
Ice plays a vital role in your cocktails and should never be missed. The more ice you have the colder your drink will be and less dilution will occur. Make your ice a feature by using different ice molds or even use reusable ice cubes.
Creative Cocktail Takeaways
Impressing your guests with creative cocktails is all about reinventing the classics, thinking outside the box, and perfecting the presentation. Why not hire a bartender in London, like those available on Poptop and elevate your party to new heights? Start planning your unforgettable event and experiment with these creative cocktails.