You know what they say – tidy home, tidy mind. For some of us, this is definitely the case!
The second week of January is a good time for decluttering. Sometimes a very simple grip can make a huge impact on your surroundings. Needless to say, we are all longing to see the light after a dark December with loads of colourful clutter scattered everywhere.
You can easily make a instant change to your home, freshen up the new year, and rest your eye. Plus, it’s all done within a matter of minutes.
5 Top Tips For an Instant Makeover
1) Declutter. Your Christmas decorations will rest now for sure, but also take away your usual clutter to make clean lines and surfaces, and feel the difference. Let your junk sleep in a hide-away box for a little while. Implement some mindfulness in your home, instead of turning a blind eye.
2) Wash your floor or table with a fresh soap to make everyone smell the freshness. Let as much natural light as possible flow into all of your rooms.
3) Swap your colourful candles for plain white ones. No more cinnamon scented lights until next year – go for a fresh natural fragrance instead.
4) Use green and white flowers which are beautiful, fresh and remind us that spring is just around the corner. Roses, tulips or hyacinths are usually easy to find in white.
5) Calm down your colour scale after the holiday season. The use of natural nuances can be warm and inviting when combined with materials like wood, wool and hemp. Give your sofa contrast in a calming colour.
What do you think of the colour scheme in this beautiful London Riverside apartment?
Side Note: Best choice for Warm Grey’s:
The walls were painted in Ammonite which is in Farrow & Ball‘s neutral colour group and a perfect choice for a warm grey colour scale. Comfort White would add slightly more colour to your room, and Purbeck Stone is a hot tip for a hallway or library. They all work perfectly together.
By our Home & Garden Blogger, Helene Arentz.