Food & Drink Editor Paloma Lacy shares a delicious yet simple seasonal risotto recipe…
Crab and Trout Risotto
Preparation time: 5 minutes. Cooking time: 20-25 minutes. Serves: 4
- 125g white crab meat (tinned is fine)
- 125g smoked trout or other smoked fish, flaked
- 750ml reduced-salt fish or vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 170g Arborio rice
- 50g frozen peas
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Chopped fresh parsley or dill, to garnish
- Heat the stock in a pan.
- Heat the oil in a separate non-stick pan and fry the onion for 2-3 minutes until translucent but not browned. Add the rice, stir well to coat with the onions and oil, and cook gently for a further two minutes.
- Add the stock a ladleful at a time, stirring continuously, and waiting until all the stock has been absorbed after each addition, before adding more.
- Once all the stock has been added and absorbed, add the crab meat, peas and spring onions along with the lemon zest and juice. Continue to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- To serve, either stir the flaked smoked fish through the risotto or scatter on top and garnish with the parsley or dill.
Written By: Paloma Lacy
Food lover, turned food writer, Paloma has spent the past 10 years in search of the Capital’s finest eateries, reviewing restaurants for a range of publications, including South London Press and London Weekly News. A South London girl at heart, she believes its boroughs boast some memorable dining experiences set to satisfy even the most discerning palate. London is alive with brunch, lunch and dinner choices to suit every pocket, from the humble neighbourhood spot, right through to the starrier end of the market.